The Customer Care Representative reports directly to the Customer Care Supervisor and Client Services Manager. This position is generally the first touch with our new clients and members, responding to customer inquiries in a professional and friendly manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone inquiries from insured members, employers, providers, etc. regarding claim status and plan benefits.
- Assist walk-in customers with plan/claim questions.
- Answer email inquiries from members, employers, and providers.
- Maintain knowledge of all Summary Plan Benefit manual of plans administered by Consociate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Present a positive image of Consociate at all times.
- Provide and promote the delivery of services with a prevailing attitude of respect and recognition of the personal worth and dignity of every individual whether they are a customer or a coworker or supervisor.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, while also demonstrating receptivity through active listening.
- Identify and perform work that has not been specifically assigned, as needed.
- Adhere to established safety standards and utilize proper techniques to avoid work-related injuries.
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement and suggest ways in which procedures/systems may be modified to accomplish tasks/goals efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate a teamwork philosophy by working cooperatively with others inside and outside the Client Services Division.
- Attend required in-service and staff meetings.
- Preserve the confidentiality of all business-sensitive information, including but not limited to that of insured groups and individuals, employees and applicants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- High School Education required.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience working with the public. Previous insurance billing or customer service background recommended.
Physical and Mental Abilities:
- Ability to perform sedentary work for extended periods of time.
- Ability to utilize personal computer (manual dexterity is required to operate a keyboard), telephone system, and communicate with a variety of customers.
- Ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects during the same period and adapt to interruptions.
- Reports directly to Customer Care Supervisor and Client Services Manager.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Overtime as needed may be requested.